Using Biocompatible Dental Materials for your Safety and Health
North Shore dentist Daniel Marinic has been at the forefront of dental technology for over 26 years, providing the best possible standards of care for his patients. Since 1987, he has provided his patients with fillings made only from the highest-quality, biocompatible dental materials. The tooth-colored fillings are highly aesthetic, durable and free of mercury.
Amalgam (“silver”) fillings were in common use for many years, but they are no longer necessary or desirable. As much as 50% of these fillings are mercury, which is highly toxic, even in very small quantities.
Dr. Marinic is fully equipped to safely and rapidly remove these mercury restorations here in our office, and replace them with restorations that are tooth-colored and safe. By joining the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology and implementing their safe-removal protocol, Dr. Marinic made certain that he could provide his patients with the best possible safety and care.
Click on a link below to learn more about mercury fillings, and the safe methods that we use to remove them.
Questions? Come in for a Consultation
If you are concerned about or unhappy with your amalgam fillings for any reason, we invite to come in for a Consultation. When you come in for your Consultation, you’ll receive:
- Examine your teeth.
- Answer all of your questions.
- Help you work out a treatment plan designed to maximize the health and longevity of your smile.
“Silver” Amalgam Fillings Contain Highly-Toxic Mercury
Mercury is the most toxic, non-radioactive element on the earth. Most medical and scientific researchers have called for a ban on the use of mercury in all products. Unfortunately, the U.S. government has been slow to respond to these demands in regard to amalgam fillings.
If you need to replace a “silver” crown, Dr. Marinic will craft it from high-quality porcelain ceramic.
A large filling may contain as much mercury as a thermometer, and mercury is a powerful poison. Studies have shown that mercury is more toxic than lead, cadmium or arsenic.Over time, the mercury in your fillings can be released as a vapor, which is easily absorbed into your body fat, liver and spleen.If you currently have amalgam fillings in your mouth, you could be suffering from mercury toxicity.
The World Health Organization has concluded that dental fillings contribute more mercury to a person’s body than all other sources of mercury combined. No amount of exposure to mercury vapor can be considered harmless, especially considering its cumulative effect.
If even small levels of mercury are not removed from the body, they can pass the blood-brain barrier and deposit in the brain. Mercury toxicity can cause tremors, confusion, a weakened immune system and memory loss. Studies have also linked mercury poisoning to fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Mercury Filling Removal
Safe Removal of Your Mercury Fillings Using the IAOMT Protocol
Dr. Marinic follows the complete IAOMT protocol when he is removing your mercury fillings.
- Using an efficient suction system in the oral cavity with a special tip, to contain amalgam particles and mercury vapor.
- Operating a vacuum system at maximum efficiency.
- Applying copious amounts of water to the filling during removal.
- Removing the amalgam in large segments to minimize the generation of mercury vapor and amalgam particulate.
- Using a state of the art Swiss IQ air filtration system, to provide both you and our dental staff with a mercury-free source of air.
CALL US TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT